Frequently Asked Questions
1. What is the use of a Lipid Profile Blood Test?
With Lipid Profile Test, your doctor may assess the lipid levels and measure cholesterol and triglycerides in the blood.
2. What happens if lipid levels are high?
Elevated lipid levels point to hyperlipidemia, which significantly increases one’s risk of strokes, heart attacks, and other health problems.
3. How lipids and cholesterol in the body are related?
Cholesterol is one of the lipids (specific fats), and a lipid profile tests for its levels to ensure whether you have a healthy amount in your blood or not.
4. What do you need to know before undergoing a lipid profile test?
You may generally need to fast for 10-12 hours for a lipid profile blood test. Also, people on certain medicines should discuss and follow the doctor’s instructions.
5. Who needs a lipid profile test in Delhi?
If you are above 45, have obesity, are not engaged in enough physical exercise, have diabetes, blood pressure problem, or any other chronic health problem, your doctor may call for a routine lipid profile test. It checks your cholesterol levels, which are related to all these problems.
6. What are the tests included in a Lipid profile?
Lipid Profile is a package that consists of 9 tests, including Cholesterol Total, Cholesterol/HDL ratio, HDL Cholesterol Direct, HDL/LDL Cholesterol Ratio, LDL Cholesterol Direct, LDL/HDL Ratio, Non-HDL Cholesterol, Serum, Triglycerides, Serum, and VLDL test.
7. Why is a lipid profile test done in fasting?
A lipid profile test is performed after 10–12 hours of fasting to get accurate results, as eating or drinking anything except water might affect your test results.
8. Can I drink water before the lipid profile test?
Yes. You can definitely drink water before going for the lipid profile test. To get 100% accurate results, it is best to avoid using any other liquid.