All Women are wonder women, and while being this wondrous, their bodies undergo numerous changes that can impact their overall health. Thanks to today’s sedentary lifestyle, it is hard for anyone to find balance and live healthily. According to recent research, experts say that approx. 50% of women, especially working women, will likely face health challenges after 45. The number is huge and is a cause for concern that should be addressed seriously in time to avoid complications. In this blog, let’s explore the specific health challenges women may encounter during this stage of life.
Women Health package
- Total no.of Tests - 90
- Quick Turn Around Time
- Reporting as per NABL ISO guidelines
Common Age-Related Health Problems In Women:
- Menopause & Hormonal Challenges: As women reach the age of 45 or 50, most experience a decline in hormone production, leading to a range of symptoms. Experts emphasize understanding and managing menopause to maintain their quality of health and live happily for years and years.
- Osteoporosis and Bone Health: Another common health issue that is a cause for concern in women over 45 is osteoporosis. During & after menopause, the ability to absorb calcium declines in women, making them more susceptible to fractures & bone diseases. Experts usually recommend following a healthy diet rich in calcium & vitamin D and adopting a healthy physical routine to maintain bone health.
- Cardiovascular Health: According to experts, women, especially after 45, are more likely to develop cardiovascular diseases than men. Hormonal changes that their body goes through after a certain age with stress, poor diet, and a sedentary lifestyle are a few factors that increase their risks for heart diseases, like stroke, heart attack, high blood pressure, and more. Switching to a heart-healthy habit is the key to taking charge of the condition well.
- Obesity: As women age, most find it hard to keep their weight within a healthy range for several reasons, like inactive lifestyle, poor eating choices, hormonal imbalance & slower metabolism. As per experts, individuals must include a balanced diet, strength training & physical activities to support healthy weight & overall wellness.
- Anemia: Yes, there are certain factors like iron deficiency, nutrient absorption, hormonal changes, and medical conditions that contribute to a higher risk of anemia in women after a certain age. Women need to be aware of their risk factors & take steps to prevent & manage them better.
- Mental & Emotional Health Issues: Besides physical health issues, aging may also impact women’s mental or emotional health. Women after a specific age are more likely to experience mood swings, anxiety, depression & other such issues. Experts focus more on seeking support & prioritize mental & emotional health during this phase of life.
- Diabetes: Aging is one of the significant factors contributing to an increased risk of developing diabetes in younger women. As woman age or approach menopause, certain factors like hormonal changes, obesity, sedentary lifestyle, poor dietary choices, family history, and other chronic conditions add to the higher risk of diabetes.
Most working women multitask & try to strike a balance between home & work, but while doing so, their health starts to degrade. Hence, healthcare professionals often advise that it is essential to switch to a health-friendly routine. Eating clean & green, exercising regularly, reducing stress & staying happy can go a long way in helping to ensure your health remains in check.
Why Choose Redcliffe Labs?
Redcliffe Labs is India’s fastest growing diagnostics service provider having its home sample collection service in more than 220+ cities with 80+ labs across India.
NABL accredited labs
Most affordable Prices
Free Home Sample Pickup
Painless Sample Collection
Get Reports In 24 hours
Full Body Checkup For Getting Full Control Of Your Health
Besides healthy eating, getting routinely checked is crucial to avoid health issues and maintain well-being. Keeping today’s sedentary lifestyle and rising risk of health problems in women after 45 in mind, experts recommend a full body checkup at least once a year or more, depending on your health condition. Even if you are feeling healthy now, getting tested routinely is essential to track your health, detect problems before they show symptoms, avoid potential threats and maintain good well-being. Remember, taking care of oneself is a lifelong journey! So, embrace healthy changes in your life to maintain wellness.