Scorching summers can be draining, and the hot temperatures can soon suck all electrolytes from the body. However, with a slight change in diet and fresh juicy summer fruits, it’s possible to keep yourself and your loved ones happy, healthy & hydrated even during the sizzling hot days.
Temperatures Are Rising! Time to Take Charge of Your Health.
Most parts of India are hitting temperatures above 40. It often leads to a rise in summer health issues like skin sensitivities, lack of vitamins and nutrients & dehydration. Well, it is recommended to take precautions to avoid all these health issues.
Summer Special Essential Package
- Total no.of Tests - 83
- Quick Turn Around Time
- Reporting as per NABL ISO guidelines
The preventive measures can be keeping all the vitals in check through Summer Essential Health Tests and eating fresh, juicy, and seasonal summer fruits.
Are you confused about the best summer fruits that help you maintain hydration and body requirements?
We are here to assist you in picking the right ones. Choose to continue with the good read.
Top 5 Summer Fruits to Add to Your Daily Diet For Hydration:
Here is a list of all the seasonal summer fruits that can help you stay healthy during summer. You can choose the ones that best match your taste. If possible, try to include them all, as all fruits have different nutrient levels and advantages for your body.
Watermelon is a refreshing and nutritious fruit that is particularly beneficial to include in your diet during summer. Let’s understand why?
- Hydration: Watermelon is about 92% water, making it a great source of hydration during the hot summer months. It can help keep you hydrated and replenish fluids lost through sweat.
- Nutrients: Watermelon is also a good source of vitamins A and C, essential for immune function and skin health. It also contains lycopene, a powerful antioxidant that may help protect against certain types of cancer.
- Low in calories: This juicy fruit is relatively low in calories, making it a great snack option for those trying to manage their weight. One cup of watermelon contains only about 46 calories.
Tip: Overall, including watermelon in your diet during summer can provide various health benefits.
Mangoes are delicious and rich in nutrients, and all mango lovers wish to get this fruit all seasons long. Before you dive into the divine test of mangoes, let’s know the benefits of including mangoes in summer.
- Nutrients: Mangoes are a rich source of vitamins A and C, essential for immune function, skin health, and vision. They also contain potassium, which helps regulate blood pressure, and dietary fiber, which can help promote digestion and regularity.
- Antioxidants: You can count on mangoes as a good source of antioxidants, such as beta-carotene and flavonoids, which can help protect against cellular damage and lower the risk of chronic diseases, such as cancer and heart disease.
- Energy boost: Mangoes are also a good source of natural sugars and carbohydrates, which can provide a quick energy boost during the hot summer months.
Tip: Always eat mangoes in limited quantities if you are trying to lose weight or are diabetic.
It is a great option when you wish to eat healthily without compromising your taste buds. You can count on muskmelon as inter meal snack that makes you feel full without adding calories. A ripe muskmelon can also help you cut the sugar cravings. Want to know more benefits of muskmelon? Let’s check out.
- Keeps You Hydrated: Muskmelon is about 90% water, making it a great source of hydration during the hot summer months. Eating muskmelon can help keep you hydrated and replenish fluids lost through sweat.
- Nutrient-Rich Summer Fruit: Muskmelon is a good source of vitamins A and C that help boost immune function and skin health. It also contains potassium, which helps regulate blood pressure and dietary fiber. This summer season fruit can help promote digestion and regularity.
- Contains Antioxidants: It is a rich source of antioxidants, such as beta-carotene and vitamin C, that prevents cellular damage and lower the risk of chronic health disorders.
- Doesn’t Add On Much to Calories: This juicy & yummy summer fruit is relatively low in calories. One cup of muskmelon contains only about 46 calories.
Tip: Muskmelon is rich in fiber. Apart from muskmelon, you can also include muskmelon seeds in your diet.
Enjoy summer’s sweet taste while reaping litchi’s benefits.
- Hydration: Litchi is rich in water content that helps to keep you hydrated during the hot summer months. Litchi can help maintain your summer hydration levels if you do not drink enough water.
- Rich Source of Vitamin C: Maintaining your Vitamin levels is possible with litchi. It is an excellent source of Vitamin C, which supports immune health and boosts collagen production for healthy skin.
- Contains Antioxidants: Litchi is packed with antioxidants that help fight free radicals, reducing the risk of chronic diseases.
- Good Source of Fiber: This fruit contains dietary fiber that aids digestion and promotes a healthy gut.
- Cooling Effect of Litchi: Litchi’s natural cooling properties provide relief from the heat and help regulate body temperature. You can include it as juice or consume the fruit directly.
- Energy Booster in Summer: Litchi contains natural sugars, providing a quick and refreshing energy boost. Also, it helps regulate your sugar cravings, and you can easily cut down the consumption of artificial sweeteners.
Tip: Incorporate litchi into your summer diet to enjoy its taste and if you want to cut down carbs on your snacks or desserts; litchi can help you accomplish your goals.
- Wood Apple or Bael:
Bael or Wood Apple is highly beneficial and highly refreshing to consume during summer. Here are some of the primary advantages to consume bael as a summer fruit.
- Improves Digestion: Wood apples help enhance gut health by improving digestion & relieving constipation. It is a good include in the diet when you are planning to shed off those extra kilos.
- Nutritional Powerhouse: Bael is rich in multiple nutrients. It is an excellent intake of vitamins A, B, and C. Also, it is rich in minerals like potassium, phosphorus & calcium. Wood Apples can be consumed directly or in the form of juice or as a shake.
- Provides Cooling Effect: Wood Apple or Bael has a naturally cooling effect & it keeps your body cool. It is highly helpful in case of loo or to stay protected from heat waves.
- Immunity Booster: Bael has antioxidant properties and keeps your immunity strong. Better immunity in your body during summer keeps you away from infectious diseases & other prevailing health disorders during summers.
- Enhances Your Respiratory Health: Cough and Cold are more common & severe during summer due to sudden changes in temperatures that the body faces while sitting at home in AC & going out. Bael is one of the best summer fruits that enhances your respiratory health and helps you to prevent respiratory disorders during the summer season.
Why Choose Redcliffe Labs?
Redcliffe Labs is India’s fastest growing diagnostics service provider having its home sample collection service in more than 220+ cities with 80+ labs across India.
NABL accredited labs
Most affordable Prices
Free Home Sample Pickup
Painless Sample Collection
Get Reports In 24 hours
A Refreshing Summer Diet With Summer Fruits Keeps You Cool!
Changing the summer diet and including a lot of fruits that can help you stay hydrated are essential intakes to ensure wellness during the dazzling hot season. Also, as a preventive measure for your health & your loved ones only diet changes cannot do the needful. It would require a comprehensive health checkup & the measures are to be taken as per your individual vital state.
For more details and tips to keep you & your family safe during summer, keep visiting My Health on redcliffelabs.com.