Besides being considered a complex chronic illness, the thyroid gland is more known for its butterfly shape. It is located in the front of your neck, covering your windpipe (trachea) to release the thyroxine hormone. It usually initiates the process by controlling the metabolism in your body and aids in the production of hormones that supervise and guide several critical functions of your body. The body releases an adequate amount of hormones, which gets disturbed when something is not right with your thyroid gland. It leads to numerous health complications and creates an essential need to consult the Best Doctor for thyroid in Delhi.
If you have identified the generic signs of thyroid diseases, reach the best thyroid specialist in Delhi as soon as possible to have a better approach and analysis of your condition. Though, if you are worried about whom to consult to expect the best results, don’t lose hope; we have mentioned the top-notch thyroid doctors in Delhi based on their experience and dedication below.
Top 10 Thyroid Specialist Doctors in Delhi
- Dr. C M Batra- 42 Years of Experience
- Dr. Ajay Kumar Ajmani- 38 Years of Experience
- Dr. Ram Pratap Singh- 37 Years of Experience
- Dr. Subhash Wangoo- 36 Years of Experience
- Dr. Anjana Bhan- 35 Years of Experience
- Dr. Ajay Aggarwal- 26 Years of Experience
- Dr. Niti Agarwal- 22 Years of Experience
- Dr. Saptrashi Bhattacharya- 21 Years of Experience
- Dr. Arun Kumar C Singh- 16 Years of Experience
- Dr. Aastha Gupta- 14 Years of Experience
Reasons why you need to visit an endocrinologist for thyroid disorder
An endocrinologist is a doctor specially trained in diagnosing and treating endocrine system disorders, such as thyroid illness. They provide treatment that prevents the negative impact on your health before it leads to chronic issues. Some of the legitimate reasons you need to visit an endocrinologist are:
- You have a thyroid nodule or lump
- Either you are pregnant or trying to conceive
- You have an enlarged thyroid gland or goiter than expected
- The symptoms of thyroid didn’t reduce despite taking medications
- You are diagnosed with hyperthyroidism or hypothyroidism
- Experiencing the early signs of thyroid
The thyroid gland is an imperative gland of the endocrine system, as it produces hormones that govern and direct numerous functions in your body. Therefore, if, in any case, you face the symptoms of the thyroid disorder, it becomes necessary to consult an endocrinologist (the best thyroid specialist in Delhi) rather than visiting a general practitioner. An endocrinologist has better specialization, skills, and capabilities in diagnosing and treating thyroid illness than a general practitioner.
When is the right time to visit a Thyroid Specialist Doctor in Delhi?
The right time to connect with the best Doctor for Thyroid in Delhi NCR arises when you notice any of the symptoms related to the disease. However, it should be acknowledged that not everyone experiences the same signs and symptoms; they vary from person to person depending on their health condition, age, gender, and type of disorder. And due to the various types of thyroid disorders, it becomes crucial to identify the type of disorder you are suffering from to determine what treatment would be the best for you.
The common types of thyroid disorders:
The method to identify the type of thyroid disorder you are suffering from is performed through a blood test. Blood tests help find if your thyroid gland is functioning properly by calculating hormone levels.
Depending on the results of your blood test, the thyroid disorder is classified into two categories:
- Hyperthyroidism, also known as “overactive thyroid,” occurs when your thyroid gland produces too much thyroxine. This overactive thyroid can facilitate your body’s metabolism, lead to drastic weight loss, and cause a rapid or irregular heartbeat.
- Hypothyroidism, also known as “underactive thyroid,” results when your thyroid gland fails to produce enough hormones, and in most cases, it leads to weight gain.
Further, based on these two categories, thyroid disorder is separated into:
- Thyroiditis: It is the most common type, as thyroiditis represents a group of conditions that cause inflammation of your thyroid gland. However, depending on your health, the cause can be permanent (underactive thyroid) or temporary.
- Goiter: It results when your thyroid gland grows larger than expected. However, it may or may not be associated with abnormal thyroid hormone levels, but it is treatable.
- Thyroid Nodules: It is an unusual growth of cells on your thyroid glands. These are very common and non-cancerous (in the beginning), and in most cases, they cause no symptoms.
- Thyroid Cancer: Thyroid cancer grows in your thyroid gland as a part of your endocrine system, and it produces hormones that regulate your body temperature, metabolism, and heart rate. However, you should know that most thyroid cancers are highly curable; you only need to get diagnosed early by the Best Doctor for Thyroid in Delhi.
- Graves’ disease: It is an immune system disorder that results in the excess production of thyroid hormones (hyperthyroidism). Among many, “Graves’ disease” is recognized as the most common affecting the function of the body.
- Hashimoto’s disease: It is an autoimmune disorder that develops antibodies, which attack thyroid cells and cause hyperthyroidism or an overactive thyroid.
Signs you need a consultation with the Best Thyroid Doctor in Delhi:
Different health conditions develop different symptoms that are significant to know, such as-
- Irregular heartbeat
- Increased appetite
- Nervousness, irritability, and anxiety
- Fatigue, muscle weakness
- Sleep disorder
- Skin thinning
- Hairfall, brittle hair
- Weight gain
- Dry skin
- Irregular menstrual periods
- Puffy eyes
- Muscle weakness
- High blood cholesterol level
- High fever
- Rapid heart rate
- Irritability and anxiousness
- Shortness of breath
- Throat tightness
- Weight gain
- Inability to tolerate heat
- Pain at the base of your neck
- Hoarse voice
- Complications in swallowing
- Breathing difficulties
- Pain in the neck or throat
- A drastic change in the voice
- A lump in your neck
- Trouble in swallowing
- Extreme weight loss
- Enlargement of the thyroid gland
- Erectile dysfunction or reduced libido
- Bulging eyes
- Joint pain and stiffness
- Tongue swelling
- Hair loss
- Brittle Nail
If you address any of the symptoms mentioned above, consult the best thyroid specialist doctor in Delhi today to get your diagnosis done and have a better understanding of your health conditions.
Early diagnosis of thyroid disorder is mandatory – because:
The early diagnosis of thyroid disorders is much needed to keep complications at bay. Hence, it is recommended to find this chronic disorder in its initial stages before it transforms into a severe health issue. Finding the right solution at the right time is required to control your life better. An early diagnosis can help as it:
- Assist in decreasing the risk: An early diagnosis can make you more attentive to your health and reduce the most obnoxious cancer risk.
- Helps in identifying the type of thyroid disorder: Early diagnosing can help you manage hypothyroidism disorder. It will encourage your doctor to determine the adequate medicine to reduce severities.
- Make sure you get the right treatment: Chronic disorders such as thyroid can be effectively treated if caught early enough. Also, undergoing screening in the early stages gives a clear picture and helps a doctor choose a treatment suitable for a quick recovery.
Managing your health is in your hands. So, do not delay and get specialized assistance from the best Doctor for Thyroid in Delhi to have a happier and healthier life.
Looking for a one-stop solution?
You can contact Redcliffe Labs to get diagnosed from the comfort of your home. They have a skilled workforce and advanced technology and provide a home sample collection facility to offer the best experience to every customer.
Things to consider before selecting thyroid specialists
Before choosing the best Doctor for Thyroid in Delhi, keep in mind the following:
- Do Online Research: Conducting online research is the easiest way to learn about doctors’ expertise, practice, and credibility. Also, the patient’s online reviews can help you choose the right one.
- Bring Your Information: To have the upper hand, book a consultation and be ready with all your questions. Bring your recent reports, diet plan, and detailed medical history to get appropriate assistance.
- Check their credibility: Examine your healthcare professional’s qualifications and specialization to expect progressive results.
- Cost: Cost plays a crucial role in finding the best thyroid specialist in Delhi, so you should consider it before finalizing your choice.
Being a chronic illness, the thyroid doesn’t get away without proper treatment. Hence, select the best thyroid specialist in Delhi for a better understanding and quick recovery.
Why Redcliffe Labs?
- We don’t work as a lab; we work as your health partner. We prioritize your health to help you get top-notch service in your desired time slot.
- We have advanced technology, modern labs, and a professional healthcare team to ensure maximum customer satisfaction.
- We provide a free consultation with the top 10 thyroid doctors in Delhi to help you get better health assistance.
- We believe in providing personalized treatment to offer every patient an equal chance to fight thyroid.
Redcliffe Labs ensure you get all solutions at one diagnostic center, from screening to finding thyroid specialists in Delhi. We provide numerous diagnostic tests under one roof. So what are you waiting for? Book your thyroid test right now. We believe in standing shoulder-to-shoulder with patients for their overall well-being.