The rainy season is the most pleasing of all times, yet it comes with several common viral infections that can turn pleasure into problems. The drastic change in the temperature every day makes our body more susceptible to viral infections, common colds, coughs, and flu. However, there is no need to panic. With the change in weather, catching the flu is very common, and so is its prevention. Simply moderating your routine or lifestyle during the season can keep you safe so you can enjoy the weather without worries.
However, prevention can only be possible if you first know about the problem or its symptoms. Don’t worry; we have got you! Read on to learn about seasonal flu, its symptoms, and prevention tips.
All About Seasonal Flu:
Seasonal Flu is a contagious respiratory illness that emerges every year during fall or winter. Mostly, its symptoms disappear within a week or so with proper treatment. However, it’s contagious and requires special preventive measures to stop its spread.
Symptoms Of Seasonal Flu:
- Sudden onset of high fever
- Extreme headache and body ache
- Cough and sore throat
- Nasal congestion and runny nose
- Extreme fatigue
- Vomiting or diarrhoea
- Chest discomfort
All these signs can be because of seasonal flu or indicate malaria or dengue. Therefore, overlooking these signs is no choice and should be considered seriously to avoid complexities. Book a Fever Panel- Basic Test to determine the root cause of the problem and begin the treatment instantly.
Risk Factors Of Catching Seasonal Flu:
Anyone, regardless of their age and gender, can catch seasonal flu. However, there are a few people who are more at risk, like:
- Children between 6 months to 5 years old
- Most adults, especially at the age of 60 or over
- Poor or unhygienic living conditions
- Weak immune system
- Existing chronic illness
These are a few typical factors that make an individual more prone to catching seasonal flu than others. If you fit in any of the above categories or your body is showing symptoms, book a Smart Full Body checkup with Malaria or Smart Full Body checkup with Dengue in Delhi with Redcliffe Labs.
Looking for ways to protect you and your family during the flu season?
Scroll down to dig into the most basic yet practical tips to keep seasonal flu at bay.
Prevent Seasonal Flu With These Tips:
- Practice Good Hygiene: When it comes to leading a healthy lifestyle, following healthy hygiene is indisputably necessary to minimize your interaction with dust, dirt, and other contaminated particles that can cause serious health complications. Wash your hands after every while and avoid touching your face unnecessarily.
- Stay Hydrated: Another tip that comes most handy to keep you away from seasonal flu is fueling yourself with the right amount of water. Hydration is key to good health. So, drink plenty of water to stay hydrated and healthy.
- Eat Healthy: Paint your plate with all the colors to involve plenty of fruits and vegetables in your diet and get maximum health benefits. Seasonal flu might not be good, but seasonal fruits and vegetables are. Therefore, add more and more of it to your diet to keep viruses out of your life.
- Boost Your Immune System: The better your immunity, the lesser the chances of you getting sick. Adding Vitamin C and other immunity-boosting food to your diet would be the best. When it comes to boosting immunity, do not underestimate the power of Haldi Wala Dudh. Being packed with antioxidants, it can keep your immune system strong and flu away.
- Maintain Cleanliness: During the rainy or monsoon season, the number of flies and mosquitoes increases, which causes problems like malaria, dengue, and other viral flu. Therefore, keeping your surroundings clean and well-maintained can helps to keep mosquitoes and bugs away and minimize your risk of catching the flu. Avoid water accumulation and clean and disinfect the surrounding with time.
- Regular Exercise: Daily exercise is again necessary to accelerate white blood cell circulation that fights diseases in your body and is called disease-fighting cells. So, next time keep all your lame excuses aside and indulge in some physical activity to stay physically and mentally fit.
- Do Not Compromise In Sleep Patterns: A good night’s sleep is essential for good health. Besides recharging and refuelling your body, a good night’s sleep produces protein called cytokines that regulates the immune system and keep you healthy and free from diseases. Never compromise on your bedtime, and get proper rest to energize for the next day.
- Don’t Delay Doctor Visit: Flu, if not treated on time, can take serve shape. So, whenever your body is developing symptoms of seasonal flu, do not delay and visit the doctor immediately to get healed.
These tips sound basic yet have the power to leave the most incredible effects. So, embrace them for good to avoid complications and improve your health.
Early detection is vital to examine the problem and initiate treatment. You can book periodic health checkups, Malaria Antigen Detection Test (Rapid), or Dengue Duo Screening Test to determine the disease and kick-start your treatment. We have all the up-to-date resources in our facility to perform different tests, following ethical and hygienic practices. Your convenience is significant to us, and we provide free home sample collection. Book a test online in 1 minute via the website or mobile app now.