Progesterone Blood Test in Meerut
Progesterone is a female hormone that is produced in both ovaries. Around the 14th day of the menstrual cycle, progesterone is produced by the corpus luteum. The corpus luteum is formed from a mature ovary that has released an egg. The progesterone test determines the blood levels of the hormone.
Role of progesterone:
- To maintain a healthy environment in the uterus for the growth of your baby
- Keeps the endometrium at the right thickness to promote a healthy pregnancy
- It plays a role in the digestion and metabolism of the ingested foods and converts them into energy for your body.
- Maintains the growth of the breast tissue. The progesterone blood test will evaluate various functions of the body, including your fertility.
- Helps to regulate and maintain your normal blood sugar levels
- Promotes the formation of urine as it is a natural diuretic
- Enhances your normal sleep pattern
- Reduces the occurrence of hot flashes and vaginal dryness
- A progesterone challenge test is used to evaluate a girl who hasn’t started menarche yet. These days, it is replaced by testing the serum estradiol levels.
- Reduces skin dryness and age-related changes such as wrinkles
- Holds on lactation until it is time for the baby’s delivery
- Stops the uterus from contracting prematurely before delivery
- During early pregnancy, it is formed in the corpus luteum and during the later stages, it is formed in the placenta.
- Strengthens the pelvic muscles to prepare your body for labour.
Why is the progesterone test in Meerut done?
Each woman is born with about 1–2 million eggs. From the period of menarche, which is the first menstrual period, your system identifies a group of such follicles inside the ovaries. These follicles have an innate ability to develop under the influence of female hormones.
Your doctor will suggest a progesterone test:
- If you are having trouble with getting pregnant.
- Progesterone can lower the prolactin levels in the body and a serum prolactin test in Meerut may be necessary to determine the level of the hormone. Low levels of prolactin may cause problems with lactation following delivery. If you experience lactation problems following the birth of your baby. A serum prolactin test is necessary in such cases as high levels of progesterone may reduce prolactin levels and vice versa.
- To determine the possibility of a miscarriage and take necessary precautions.
- To diagnose an ectopic pregnancy – conception outside the uterus.
- The history of miscarriage is there.
Nowadays, at home, progesterone test in Meerut kits are available to track ovulation and plan your pregnancy.
How is the progesterone test done?
The progesterone test involves determining the levels of the hormone in the blood. A blood sample will be taken for the test.
- The sample collection is done by taking blood from the arm.
- After following proper aseptic precautions, a needle is inserted into a vein in your arm.
- Then, a specific volume of blood is drawn into a vial or test tube.
- The progesterone lab test in Meerut is taken about 17–24 days after the first day of your period or 7 days before the start of your next cycle.
- Based on your doctor’s instructions, you may need to stop taking certain medications, vitamins, birth control pills, or progesterone supplements about 48–72 hours before the test.
Progesterone Test Price in Meerut
|Name Of The Test
||Progesterone Test in Meerut
|Number Of Tests
|Actual Test Price
|Discounted Test Price
|Home Sample Collection
|Additional Cost For Home Sample Collection
|Fasting Before Test
||No fasting Required
|Get Reports Within
How can I book a test at Redcliffe Labs?
- To book a test at Redcliffe Labs, contact us at – 8988988787 or get in touch with us through WhatsApp. Our support team will schedule your appointment for the test.
- At Redcliffe labs, it takes only a minute to book your appointment
- Once you call and update your address with us, one of our representatives will arrange for a phlebotomist to come and collect your samples, or you may choose to walk into the nearest Redcliffe location.
- Our phlebotomist will reach your location at the specified time and collect the sample from the vein under all aseptic precautions.
- After your sample reaches us, it is analyzed in our advanced hi-tech labs with the utmost efficacy.
- The results of your tests are conveniently sent to you over email or WhatsApp
- Free consultation with our medical expert is also available who will provide you with the diagnosis and advise you about the next steps.
Why choose Redcliffe labs to get a progesterone test in Meerut?
Redcliffe Labs stands out as one of the nation’s rapidly expanding diagnostic services. Our USPs include:
- Book test in 1 minute: Booking a test with us is very simple and easy. You can do it by calling us, or through our website. sending us your prescription through WhatsApp or on our website.
- All diagnostic services under one roof: Redcliffe Labs is one of its kind diagnostic centers offering high-end diagnostic services under one roof. We provide the best in diagnostics, as well as pathology among others. Our highly skilled team provides the best results with utmost precision.
- Genomic testing: Today, genomic testing is used for various diagnostic purposes. This is done by taking a blood sample and identifying changes in the genes, proteins, and chromosomes. These results are used to rule out specific conditions and assess the chance of passing on a genetic condition. Our genetic counselor will provide you with more information about the test.
- Latest technology: At Redcliffe Labs, we use the most advanced testing methods. This ensures that our results are most accurate and enable the clinician to decide on the further course of treatment.
- Lab collection centre near your locality: We have multiple branches across all major cities and you can either drop-in or schedule a sample collection appointment from the comfort of your home. So call us for more details!
- Risk-free sample collection: Nowadays, staying safe has become very critical more than ever. Through our home collection service, we provide you the option to be free from the risks of travel and offer you a hassle-free experience.
- Reports ready within 24 hrs: Once we receive your sample, we process the results and provide you with an accurate report within 24 hours.
- Doctor consultation available: Sometimes you may be unsure of deciding whether you need a particular test and do not have the time for a consultation. In such cases, our medical expert will take your medical history and guide you about the exact tests that you may need.
- Free home sample collection: Our home sample collection services are free of cost and you will not be charged an additional fee for the same. Phlebotomists are vaccinated: Our phlebotomists are fully vaccinated and your health and safety are our priority.
- Safety standards: All our phlebotomists follow the government prescribed protocol to make sure that our methods are very precise.
- Reports on time: We promise to deliver all your reports on time.
- Reporting as per ISO and NABL standards: We follow the most efficient testing procedures and adhere to strict ISO and NABL reporting standards to maintain the accuracy of your results.
- Receive reports through email and WhatsApp: At Redcliffe Labs, we provide you with your reports through Whatsapp or email.
- Accurate reports: Our safety and quality standards are very high and we assure you of the exact results at all times.
- Smart and dynamic reports: We stay updated on the latest advancements in diagnostics to provide you with smart and dynamic results.